Sunday, July 27, 2008

A rich, full month

I am lazy. It is not an excuse or a complex. It is just a statement of fact. This past weekend I was berated for not having made any updates to the blog since, well, what basically amounts to a previous life. I had no rejoinder. I also had no guilt. I am lazy.

In fairness, there have been a hundred tasks this past month that kept us from making any regular posts, and another hundred tasks that have kept us from accomplishing the first set. The end result is that you have missed out on several worthwhile expositions, including the Great Wasp Hunt, the lethal effectiveness of The Sneetches, and a memoriam to Franz Kafka and his infamous and repeatable Gregor Samsa; worthy members each, but conceived only to live out their existence as half-muttered thoughts, echoing silently in the hollow recesses of my mind.

Alas, poor mind.

mw

No comments: