Friday, September 19, 2008

Miss Ainsley

I apologize for posting this so late, though my guess is that everyone understands. We realized we were running late on announcing the good news when Brandy's sisters congratulated us by commenting on Kath's blog. For those of you who don't know, that means my sister-in-law's sisters said congratulations on my sister's web site (you all know I enjoyed the exercise in plural versus possessive there).

On September 16, 2008 at 9:44 p.m. Ainsley Elaine Wright (to be known hereafter in the annals of M&N as 'Little Miss') joined our family. This after nine months of labor going on twelve. She was 21 inches long and weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds and 1 ounce and came equipped with a fully-functioning set of lungs.


The addition was made extra special that first afternoon when The Boy came by with Grandma and Grandpa to see his new baby sister. The two siblings exchanged gift with each other (he gave her a ring-type thing that she can shake, she gave him an official, Lightning McQueen race car; please see below for a visual of joy). As he was leaving, The Boy came back in the room to give me a hug, and then paused and gave The Queen a kiss and said, "I love you, baby."
Welcome to the family, Little Miss.

m&n

5 comments:

Brandy said...

She is beautiful!! And Caleb is going to make a great big brother! Congratulations to all of you!

Tiffany said...

She is absolutely gorgeous, she looks like her Mama!! Congrats guys - I am happy for you!

My girls always cared more about the gifts they receive in the hospital than the birth of their new sister. Two is so much fun, you guys are going to love it!!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of Caleb! What a good idea to have the baby give him a gift. We will have to do the same thing. Congrats again. She is beautiful!

Nicholai said...

Congratulations on your new addition! Ainsley is beautiful! I love her name. (I love feminine names for girls)

Erin Walker said...

Congrats, She is such a little doll. Hope all is going well with 2 kids.