Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random thoughts from this past week

  • I didn't post any random thoughts last week. Guess that means every thought I had was rational and logical. Be afraid.
  • What is the sheer tonnage of bacon that has been boiled across the U.S.A. since the theatrical release of Better Off Dead?
  • I didn't bring lunch today since we are having a budget working session and the CFO usually buys. Forgot the meeting was in Austin and I was dialing in.
  • Bought lunch at the Fresh Aire [sic] Cafe on the second floor instead. Ordered the barbecue bacon cheeseburger. What I imagine used batteries taste like.
  • Jocularity is a funny word. I wonder if they meant it that way.
  • Coming up on the seven-hour mark of our five-hour review and I think the general manager is trying to explain how she can save me money on my car insurance. Somehow, this doesn't strike me as odd.
  • I wonder how quickly divorce papers would be served if I took up the banjo.
  • It's been two days and I've sat through nineteen hours of budget presentations and filtered through 2.3GB of bad forecasts that don't tie. We're only half done. There must be an intervention for this sort of thing.
  • The trouble with being my age is that sometimes, for no reason at all, you get "Ice, Ice Baby" stuck in your head.
mw

No comments: