Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Upon further consideration...

Caleb and I were dancing tonight. Our dance routine typically consists of me holding him and jumping up and down (more on that later). Tonight, Caleb decided to try sucking this thumb while we danced to Bon Jovi.

Me: Don't bite your thumb...and don't put beans up your nose.

*a full minute of silence goes by*

Caleb: Okay. I won't.
Me: What?
Caleb: I won't put beans up my nose.
Me: Oh, good. Good to hear.

*another minute of silence goes by*

Caleb: The Lorax has beans up his nose.
Me: What?

The line is, "and it sounds as if [The Lorax] had smallish bees up his nose."

mw

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Your three year old knows the Lorax?
I'm 30 years older than that and I find the Lorax over my head!
I'm thinking that I need to dump Jake's therapist - he really just needs a week or two with his aunt and uncle who will stimulate his development with big words, hard books and overall higher expectations.
You guys are awesome. Caleb is amazing!