Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Boy starts Iddy-biddy Ball tomorrow. Over the next three weeks he'll go to Smoot Park and learn to play basketball, soccer, and baseball (t-ball, technically).

Me: Boppa used to play a lot of baseball. He was very good at it.
The Boy: Did you play baseball?
Me: I did, though I was never as good as Boppa.
The Boy: Did he hit a home run every time?!
Me: Well, no one can hit a home run every time, but Boppa sure hit a lot of home runs.
The Boy: Did you ever hit a home run?
Me: Not very many.
The Boy: How many?
Me: Maybe a dozen my last season.

**Long pause. Then, in a tone that let me know I didn't know what I was talking about (I'm growing accustomed to that tone)**

The Boy: A dozen is a full box of doughnuts.

That's my boy.

mw

1 comment:

Katherine said...

LOVE it!
Did you tell him that you, too, are a full box of donuts!
(oh, and for the record, Boppa did hit a home run every time)