Friday, June 03, 2011

A Child's Prayer

Last week The Boy noticed his Lego Star Wars Action Figure was missing it's light saber. This thing is TINY and I hadn't much hope of finding it, but promised him we would look for it Friday morning. Thursday night, he prayed that he, "would be able to find Plo Koon's light saber." I started to get nervous and prepared a little chat about needing to do his part by taking care of his toys. Friday morning came and the search began. Probably two minutes into the search The Boy ran up to me.

The Boy: "Mommy! I found it! I found Plo Koon's light saber!"
Me: !?! Where WAS it?
The Boy: "In my pocket!"
Me: !?!

He told me he heard a still small voice tell him to put his hand in his pocket. This particular pants' pocket had been through the laundry a couple times since the light saber's disappearance. It also happened to be a pair that he didn't wear regularly as they have the biggest holes of all his pants. I'm still amazed he actually found it.

Truly, so much to learn from sweet, sweet children.

1 comment:

Amanda B. said...

I love stories like this. What a great example he is!