Friday, November 04, 2011

This week's theological crisis

It's Friday night. Neesha is kneading pizza dough for dinner while I finish reviewing some contracts for work. The Boy and The Queen are upstairs playing in their bedrooms which they are supposed to be cleaning. There is a loud crash and The Queen begins to wail. Neesha and I pause for a moment to see if the sound will go away on its own. When it doesn't, I go up to check for blood.

In my best concerned-father voice, which I must say is pretty good,...

Me: What happened?
The Queen (running into my arms while wailing): Jesus bumped me on the head!

* after a long, faith-promoting pause*

Me: What was that?

She points to a picture of The Savior that typically sits on her dresser, now laying on the floor.

The Queen: Jesus bumped me on the head!
Me: Oh, good. No worries, then.

mw

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Hopefully she won't hold it against Him in the long run :)