Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Naming things

Since Kath has censored me from her blog regarding baby names, I've decided to speak from my own forum. Neesha and I read through The Dougall Daily tonight, and started talking about various names. Here are a few we came up with:
  • For a cat: Atticus, after Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird (Neesha liked that one) and Bucky Katt from the Get Fuzzy comic strip (Neesha did not like that one, but I think she is starting to warm to the idea);
  • For a dog: Amadeus, if it is a big dog, and Bruce Willis if it is not (don't read anymore into that than what I wrote);
  • For a son: Owen (staking our claim on that one now, Kath and Brandy, though given our different taste in names, I don't suppose that was really a risk);
  • For a daughter: Ainsley and Amelia. Neesha said we would call Amelia, Amy. Before I could ask, she clarified that did not mean I could call Ainsley, Any (again, consider this a claim on the names. Again, again, don't read any more into the fact that we are discussing names for kids than that we are discussing names for kids);
  • For those safety plugs that go into electrical outlets: Pretty Snazzies (this from The Boy, who pronounces it, "pitty nazzies").
m&n

5 comments:

Katherine said...

I LOVE Owen and Ainsley - but have known that they are both yours. I'd buy Ainsley from you, but we would have to have a whole bunch more kids because we actually have two girl names that we love and I was hoping for twin girls just so that we could use them both before we retire from having kids!
Good luck to you on the cat and dog thing - can't say I will ever need names for either. I am content to never own either, as I have children and don't know why anyone with children would feel the need to add anything less human into the mix :)
As for the plug things, okay.

Katherine said...

What is lorem ipsum?
Really Bodee, you have a way of making feel very uneducated.

Brandy said...

Do we have to claim our names now? If so I have a few I'd like to claim. Although, as previously noted our taste in names is a little different. And hey, I know mine are the ones that are pretty far out there so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. Just in case, Tage and Atlee are mine!
And hey, I've tried the pet thing, don't think I'll do that again!!
I was also wondering about the lorem ipsum thing? And while we're asking what is KMEQ basketball?

Katherine said...

Poor grandma could end up with an Ainsley, Atlee and Aspen (one of our girl names) - not to mention already having Austyn. Better hope she never gets alzhiemers!

Mark said...

To go along with Conner, Kaitlyn, Cason, and Caleb.