Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Our Only Hope is That Quebec Surrenders

Joe: Why are we losing so much in Ottawa?
Me: The exchange rate. The Canadian dollar is living around 1:1 right now, and they stopped hedging this project last February.
Jason: Do you think it will swing back the other way?
Me: I don't think until October or November at the earliest.

*frustrated silence*

Joe: What can we do to improve the exchange rate?
Jason: We could invade Canada. Does anybody own a rifle?
Me: I have a .22. I'm not sure about bullets, though.
Jason: Bullets sound a bit like overkill. I wouldn't mind having at least four people, though.
Me: I just IM'd my sister-in-law; she said she's in, though I know you don't like temp labor.
Joe: I guess we can make it work. You guys don't mind working this weekend, do you?

mw

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You can't post things like that. You do realize that with threats to national security, they take that stuff serious! I hope you have no plans to travel to Canada in the near future, cause you are going to be out of luck!