Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Right on track

In The West Wing, Amy Gardner is at a banquet hosted by the First Lady honoring the accomplishments of influential women in the Democratic party. Mrs. Bartlett introduces Amy, who just started the table cloth on fire by knocking over a candle after misjudging the angle to her wine glass, with the line, "…and Amelia Garndner, who has had six jobs in seven years." I can empathize. I have never started a table on fire. Nor am I an influential woman in the Democratic party. I do have a new job, which brings my total to four companies in four years.

Technically, only three companies, since as of November 24 I am again an employee of Convergys. This time I am an internal consultant, focusing on business development. If you wonder why I left Four Points, which was a great experience play, Monday night I came home and rocked out to Trans-Siberian Orchestra with The Boy and The Queen while Neesha made dinner and there was no place I would have rather been.

mw

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the 4-jobs in 4-years thing, Bod. There is a level in most industries, which you are quickly reaching or have already surpassed, where you no longer have to go knocking doors for jobs. You know the players, they know you, and people move around as necessary. At least, that is how it works when you are good at what you do, and I would venture to guess that is you.

However, if you go knocking doors, you may just want to put down a couple of felony arrests to REALLY throw them off the track and hide the whole "4 jobs" thing. :)