Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Random thoughts from the past (several) weeks...

  • The older I get, the less certain I am that the events in Big Trouble in Little China actually took place.
  • On the subject of ninjas, I overheard a kid in the break room talking about his karate class. Looked more like a mutant turtle than a teenage ninja, unfortunately.
  • I'm being told that life expectancy has fallen. Made me wonder why people are now expecting less out of life.
  • Certainties of life: death, taxes, and if you drive by one of those big, digital clocks banks put on their signs, the kind that alternate between the time and the temperature, it will be displaying whichever statistic you are not currently attempting to ascertain.
  • Did North Dakota really name their state capital after a doughnut? Why aren't we that smart?
  • You should start a blog so we can all not read it.
  • Elly is bunny sitting for the neighbors while they are on holiday in England. This is not the exciting party game it first sounds like.
  • On the subject of pet rabbits, my general impression is that they have a pretty low companionship-to-upkeep ratio. It's not that they require a lot of work, it's just that they aren't terribly engaging. That said, I like the idea of a pet you could conceivably eat if things turn sour.
  • I am thinking about writing an intervention for Twitter users. It's called, Do You Really Think We Care What You Had for Lunch?
  • Less-effective spousal apology: I'm sorry I did that little thing that made you totally overreact just now. (note: this knowledge is not based on personal experience; some things are just intuitive).
  • Charcoal briquettes: inedible. Who knew?
  • I'm pretty sure supermarket sushi is just a scam to get you to buy supermarket Maalox.
mw

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bodee, say it ain't so. Jack Burton and the PCE are totally real and totally still out there, somewhere, waiting for the inevitable sequel to roll out...

Is it a sad statement on my mind that of all you had to say, I just couldn't move past that first one?
:)

mom-linda said...

I loved the less effective spousal apology so much that I'm going to write it in the margin of one of the lessons in the Marriage and Family Relations manual. Do you want authorship credit or just a nod as "unkown"?

Mark said...

Unknown would probably be best.