Monday, February 18, 2008

My Internship as an Evil Overlord Has Begun


I got a new monitor at work, today. A Dell UltraSharp 2007FP. It's a 20" LCD with high resolution. A thin, black bezel (I don't know what a bezel is, either, but that is what the review says) frames the screen, and a slim neck extends from the Y-shaped base. In addition to being able to adjust five inches up or down, the neck can swivel horizontally 45 degrees to the left and right, 20 degrees back, and 5 degrees to the front. The result is the first monitor in my adult life that I don't have to hunch over to see.

All this viewing real estate has generated some interesting side effects. I now have irresistible urges to cackle, "BWAAAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!" when I'm asked a question and I find myself monologuing at the slightest provocation. On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know of any obscure, defunct countries in need of a tyrannical dictator? Canada, perhaps?

mw

No comments: