Friday, June 13, 2008

Good memories and friends

On my bedside table is a picture from our wedding day. While we were taking pictures at the Bountiful Temple, I commented to one of my buddies that I had not had breakfast yet. He disappeared with the rest of my groomsmen and returned 20 minutes later with a box of donuts from Carmacks (alas, not the real Carmacks). We couldn't resist the opportunity, and our photographer captured the moment for us. In retrospect, it maybe wasn't the best idea, though it remains one of my favorite memories from the day.

Caleb noticed the picture the other day, and gave a quick roll call.

Caleb: Who that?
Neesha: That's Matt. I don't think you've met him.
Caleb: Who that?
Neesha: That's Durrant. Do you know who that is?
Caleb: Daddy!
Neesha: Do you know who that is?
Caleb: Mommy!
Neesha: Good. And that...
Caleb: Simon!
Neesha: Very good! Who is Simon?
Caleb: Bennett's house!

mw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty close! I'm so proud of him for remembering. I'm glad we are hanging out enough that he recognizes Simon. Cute picture!