Friday, June 20, 2008

My 15 minutes will be spent in increments

The saying is that everyone has fifteen minutes of fame. I’m pretty sure mine will be measured out by coffee spoons.

This morning, at 7:37 a.m., I saw Elton John. I was sitting on the 471 bus while it was stopped at the light on North Temple and Main in downtown. I looked out the lightly tinted window and saw his Rocketman-ness crossing the street from the Conference Center to the Main Street Plaza. I’m sure he was humming Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road as he walked.

Watch the tabloids. Pretty soon, I’m certain you will see a cover with Elton John in downtown Salt Lake under the headline, “Elton John converts to Mormonism – takes seven partners.” If you look in the window of the bus over his shoulder, I’ll be the shadowy shape four rows back.

There goes another 2.3 seconds of my 15 minutes.

mw

No comments: