Monday, October 20, 2008

And now for something completely different

Back when Senator McCain picked Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate, all I kept reading in headlines was "McCain picks Palin." I thought it kind of an odd choice that raised a lot of questions distracting to the campaign. For instance, why not John Cleese? It wasn't until I had a moment to actually read one of these articles that I discovered that Sarah Palin was the Republican nominee for veep, not Michael Palin, at which point I thought it kind of an odd choice that raised a lot of questions distracting to the campaign.

Several weeks, one debate, and four Katie Couric interviews later, Governor Palin decided to appear on SNL. Yes, the same SNL that had, with cameo appearances from Tina Fey, been lampooning her for the past several weeks. Maybe he picked the comedian after all? Truly, nobody expects the Alaskan politician.

mw

No comments: