Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Keyword: spam

Those of you who use a Gmail account have probably noticed that Google will feature an article over your messages based on keywords it finds within those messages. For a pay-per-click model like Google, it's a brilliant idea. For me, it's an annoyance, though I must confess I have followed the link a time or two. However, I believe Google needs to work on their keyword optimization when users are emptying their spam folder. A sampling from the last five minutes:
  • Spam quiche - makes four servings (I don't know that I can think of four people I dislike enough to
  • Spam breakfast burritos - serve with salsa (if you are wondering what type of salsa see the next item)
  • Spam salsa (I wouldn't have thought this was chemically possible)
  • Spicy spam kabobs (I know I'm alone in considering shish kabobs an overhyped, underperforming food served at barbecues, but surely we can agree on this one?)
  • Vineyard spam salad (does this mean it is best enjoyed *cough, cough* with an exquisite Pinot Noir or Merlot? Probably for the best, if so)
  • Ginger spam salad (not quite sure if 'ginger' is used as a noun here, refering to the spice, or as an adverb, describing how it should be eaten)
  • Savory spam crescents (I've always wondered at recipes whose titles tell you how wonderful they are)
  • French fry spam casserole (the combination of two questionably edible substances: spam and the French)
  • Spam vegetable strudel (I like strudel and consider it the best thing the Hapsburgs ever did for Western civilization after codifying inbreeding, but I think this has forever scarred our relationship)
  • Spam veggie pita pockets (best thing since they put spam in your pocket...just not the same)
  • Spam hashbrown bake (okay, this one actually sounds kind of good, but only if you cover it with maply syrup)
  • Spam skillet casserole (and the win streak ends at...well...one)
  • Spam Swiss pie (nuts, and I already used the edible joke on the French)
And the list goes on, but my train is about to arrive. If you get bored, go to your spam folder in your Gmail account. Good times.

mw

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You forgot Spam Primavera....