Friday, October 31, 2008

Random thoughts from this past week

  • Pacifiers and caps to root beer bottles - both useful items. Not interchangeable.
  • Facebook is the social revolution that allows you to be friends with people who wouldn't give you the time of day in high school.
  • We recently had a Halloween party at work and I understand (no, I didn't go) one of the door prizes was a case of bottled water. Frank Herbert, you are a prophet.
  • There is an appalling number of people in the world not eating a doughnut right now. Mainly because I'm one of them.
  • I ate all of our good Halloween candy this past week with no guilt. I grew up choking down pillowcases of Tootsie Rolls, Jolly Ranchers, and Smarties. I consider it my turn.
  • It's been 15 years, and Radiohead's "Creep" and Beck's "Loser" still seem to resonate with me. Why is that?
  • At what point does Senator McCain pull out of the last three states he is still campaigning in and spend the remnants of his war chest on Metamucil?
  • Governor Palin is purportedly contending to be the new face of the Republican Party in the event they lose on Nov. 4. Her opposition includes John Cleese, Tina Fey, and Joe the Plumber.
mw

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Amen to the facebook summarization.

Good for you for eating the good candy. I did the same thing, just on the other end (post trick or treating). My kids got LOADS of candy and I'm pleased to report not a single jolly rancher. The candy was sorted into chocolate (for the parents), smarties and tootsies (for Jake), suckers (for Caleb?) and everything else (sent with Rich to his office). We'll hold onto the candy for another week and then send it of to the candy "fairy" who pays pretty good money for the kids treats.