Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ego? What ego?

I normally sleep in a pair of blue basketball shorts and a t-shirt with the John Maynard Keynes quote, "In the long run, we are all dead" on the back which I won at a WSU economics party {insert nerd jokes here}. I share this with you to deepen our relationship and to explain why this morning, when I woke to the first snow of the season, I was looking for additional clothing to wear before I went downstairs with The Boy. What I found was an old pair of tan pajamma pants and my lucky ACE sweatshirt, light gray. The story behind the pajamma pants is that they are about two inches too short in the legs and about ten inches too wide in the waist. Similarly, the sweatshirt is two inches too short in the trunk and the sleeves, but is too small across the shoulders.

Me: I look kind of funny.
Neesha: Mark, nothing you have on right now fits you.
Me: What do you expect? It's hard to fit my amazing physique.

*long pause; longer than appropriate, if you ask me*

Neesha: You do have an amazing physique.

mw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He-he-he. SO Mark. SO Neesha. I would insert some nerd jokes, but I happen to have the same shirt. The difference is, I wear it in public when I work out. People must really judge me. By the way, speaking of ego...Mark I truly consider you one of the smartest people I know...but pajamas is spelled with one "m".

Unknown said...

That's ok, bod. You used the word "physique", which makes up for the extra m's....

Katherine said...

You mispelled "pajama" on purpose to make the rest of us feel better, didn't you?
If it makes you feel any better, I saw the title and was waiting for the part when the toaster waffle's entered the story. Turns out that's eggo (as in leggo of my eggo) not ego! Woops! Maybe I should call it a night early!